We tried Bacci, an Italian restaurant out here in Queen Creek and it was really good. By the time our food actually came we were so full from the pizza bread appetizer [yum], the bread & the soup for me and the salad for Scott that we pretty much just boxed up our dinners.
I got the Chicken Limone and my mouth is watering just thinking about it as I type. Although there was the equivalant to a whole box of pasta in my bowl it was a pretty light tasting dish. Chicken, artichoke hearts and a lemon butter garlic sauce. Oh so good!!!
Thanks honey!
I have had lots of awesome friends who have made me yummy treats and no, no cake :-)! Chocolate dipped strawberries and brownies. mmmm.
[For the record] I am not bitter or depressed about being 30, who cares? it is just a number. It has just brought me into the real world realizing that I am no longer able to relate and co-exist with teenager and newlyweds although, I am sure this was true a long time ago, I am just sure of it now.
For the actual day of my birthday not much happened. I don't know why. I just went grocery shopping [getting the deals on the last day of the ads], went to Activity Days, Scott brought home Filiberto's for dinner [more his choice than mine, ya], and then went over to my moms to hear the details of her trip over the weekend [sad] and see her new craft area [neat], came home and Scott went to basketball while I vegged and watched TV until it was time to go to bed. Am I old or what?!?!?!?
These are some of my awesome friends that took me and Heather to lunch today to the Queen Creek Deli to celebrate outr birthdays [Heather's is Thursday]! They also gave me a bracelet [thanks to the amazingly talented Molly Davis extraordinaire], some {cute} scrapbooking supplies [thanks to Melissa's awesome taste], a sonic card [thanks to Tresure who must have had the revelation that I was desperately missing my sonic ice water] and the most awesome card from Kim [thanks to me via card club:-)I only tease!] and my sister Tara was there and gave me a new flower clip for my purse [because I love these clips and they are a must have so that I don't have to dig for my keys, thanks Tara].
So anyways, on to the food. I usually don't get too excited when people say places are "out of this world yummy"[these were Kim's words] because then I go and am usually left with a feeling of disappointment and thinking it was less than stellar, but apparantly this was the week to try new places because this place was definately "out of this world yummy"! Most of [if not all] of their ingredients are local. I narrowed it down the the deli club [there were several things I would love to try] and then I ordered the Margarhita pizza for the kids because I had to try that, too! My sandwich was warm and delish! A good time with some good food {sweet}!
Oh and the best present of all came from Tate! He pooped in the toilet! OK gross I know ,but he has never even peed in the toilet and I would have thought he would be in diapers forever but he gave me hope on my birthday. Then today while I was in the shower and I looked out to check on Tate and he was looking at the toilet, getting closer, then trying to get on it all on his own so there may be hope after all!
5 comments:
Okay - that was FUNNY! Wow - my favorite gift was not Tates poop - but I can relate to your excitment if I were in that phase. I loved your post - very cute and love the "keepin it real" part. By the way - you have a very sweet hubby to do that!
Very cute. I am glad your day was "good" no matter what you did. Welcome to your 30's!
So glad you had a fun time with your birthday week of fun. Make your hubby teach mine how to get a babysitter too! That's amazing!
You're hot. I want to look just like you when I'm 30.
Happy Birthday the big 30!!!
Post a Comment