Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Backus Reunion {2009}

Back at the beginning of June

(ya I've been slackin' in the blog department)

we packed up the family and headed to New Mexico for the Backus reunion for Scott's family.

Just a small delay heading into Globe.


One of the activities was a mean bean bag tournament with a full bracket poster and all. I got to the finals and of course Scott would not let my team beat his in the finals so he won. It's still funny to me because Scott loves the win and I don't really care!
Although I do relish any time I beat him which is few and far between.
We hiked the Catwalk which is hike where part of it is a metal walkway that is suspended on the side of the canyon wall with water flowing beneath you.
We visited the local fish hatchery and caught this moment of {sweetness}
( you didn't really want to see the thousands of fish did you?)

This storm was looming, but never produced rain.
Just this full rainbow!

This is "Papa" and "Nanny" Backus. The reunion was on the weekend of their anniversary and I can't remember which one it was, but I believe it was in the 50's!

{simply amazing}

We had a good time reuniting with the relatives, but after that

carsickness inducing drive we were glad to be home!

No comments: