Sunday, January 23, 2011

Williamson Family Party

The little kids acted out the story of the birth of Jesus as we sang songs thru-out.  My mother in law made all of the costumes and it was super cute! 
Claire as Mary
Macey, Emmy and Ally as Angels
Donkey-Grandpa
Sheep/lamb-Ellery

After that there was a talent show where Macey, Emmy, and their cousin Ryan played Jingle Bells on their flutes, violin and piano.  Other performances were Ellery walking, a puppet show and an original composition by Jeff on the piano.

Then there were the gift exchanges.  The kids exchange went first.  They draw names of a cousin and get them something.  They have so much fun doing it and everyone loved their gifts.  Then it was on to the adult exchange which we do white elephant style but with new gifts.  This year there was a special twist to the game.  Instead of wrapping and "stealing" the actual gift we were unwrapping and stealing something that was a hint to the gift.  I of course was totally opposed to this idea since I am totally against surprises, going out on a limb, having fun etc.  So, I went early on and I just went with my gift since I knew I wanted it anyways.  Of course I didn't end up with it, but it was worth a try.

It was a school night so the party came to hault pretty quickly after that, but it was lots of funn!  Thanks for hosting Steve & Kim!








No comments: