Monday, July 26, 2010

Pioneer Days (2010)

On vacation and loving the weather-be ready for a picture montage at the end but I wanted to note my feelings and experiences from yesterday (and probably all along the way).

First of all it's a shame that pioneer days is not celebrated church wide because ultimately they are all of our ancestors. The ward we were visiting here in Utah had wonderful speakers-including two awesome youth speakers- and an extraordinary musical number, the choir sang come come ye saints. It was absolutely amazing what this choir director did with a choir of 11-outstanding. The spirit was so strong. I am sure there was some exhaustion mixed in there as well as silence-it was amazing- I have forgotten what that was like-silence and being able to actually listen and not be distracted(seriously you should visit our ward if you don't believe me). The kids did not even disrupt or distract-I suppose the magic trick is having cousins at church with us).

Like I said, I just wanted to jot some stuff down as it happened-mostly for my benefit so be prepared for boring picture free posts along the way. My appreciation for the pioneers grew yesterday-I am extra glad that I was not a mother and wife in the times of the restoration of the gospel-I don't think I could've done it. Simply amazing.

No comments: