I reminded myself/realized/reflected on the fact that I have a healthy happy family. We have our ups and downs for sure, but none like so many others we know have had, and I cannot even imagine going through them myself.
My heart aches for a friend who has already been through so much and will bury her son tomorrow. I can't help but think of the song "Emma" and the chorus of "how much can one heart take?".
I can get caught up in the small annoyances of life (dirty house, neverending list of things to do (this one pretty much covers everything)) having them consume my task oriented/OCD/ have to finish things brain and running my days. I just need to remember, as a friend amidst a tragedy recently said...
"LIFE IS GOOD"
Remember what really matters. Because we never know when that could change. Especially in these times of uncertainty. Recently after a very rough morning resulting in a lot of yelling getting the kids ready, chores done, breakfast eaten (who has time for teeth brushing?!?!?) I sent the kids off to school. I went to blow dry my hair, once again reflecting on what just happened. I was heartbroken at the missed opprotunity and wanted to go get the kids and bring them home for a do-over and I should have. The opprotunity I had to stop and kneel in prayer with my kids to ask for patience and to ask the Lord to bless them and help them to know that I love them and to be with them throughout their day. An opprotunity missed and gone.
As critical and judgemental as I can be of others (I know I need to work on it) I am equally if not more so of myself. I'm not perfect, I know, I can hear your gasp of surprise. I definitely expect better of myself though which can result in a constant sense of disappointment with myself. Be patient (atleast a little), spend less money, want less material things, do more service, eat healthy and exercise, have the kids watch less TV, and the list goes on and on.
BALANCE
I have a really hard time with balance. If I think about or concentrate on improving anything it totally and completely consumes me. Fashion, clean house, eating healthy and exercising I have to remember that no one can do it all even if it seems that way. OK I can think of one person that can pretty much do it all, and I am pretty sure she will be exhalted soon. But for the most part even if the house looks clean the closets and the fridge aren't (that's my analogy for it anyways). So just know that when you drop by my house and it's dirty it's because I am tending to more important things-well, I hope so anyways.
I stalk this blog where I think she says it best. I think I need to change some of my "most days" to "some days".
Another random thought....I love these lines of this song ...
Never Let Your Prayin Knees Get Lazy
And Love Like Crazy
I love FALL.
It puts me in a good mood.
It's a time to renew and re-commit.
To clean out and re-organize.
It's time to start planning and marking the calendar for the upcoming holidays.
Time to start Christmas shopping-yikes! OK that can probably wait a little bit longer.
2 comments:
Um can we be any more alike?? :)
I loved your post, I need to focus on all of these things too especially balance.
I LOVE Angies blog...yes i stalk her too. She says things in such a great way, and has a great outlook on life. I just need to chillax about most things and focus on what's most important. Ok enough rambling by me. Thanks again for a great post. I needed it today. :)
I love you-you're perfect to me- Love, Mom
Post a Comment