I was half attempting to get Tate to go to the bathroom in the toilet and I put him in some underwear which he is less than impressed with even though it is "Cars". Like he usually does, he said he was going to go potty in the toilet. So I go in there and Tate just moves all around, getting up and down and just sitting there. I was losing my patience as Claire started to try to play in the toilet so I say to Tate, "Are you going to go potty in the toilet or not?". Tate replies, "not". What? NOT? Argghh. That boy is {not so funny} today!
On one had I am ready to get him potty trained because I am sick of changing his diapers, but on the other had I am not ready. I am not ready to enter that world of potty training that involves cleaning up accidents, running to the bathroom as my cart is half full and still shopping, remembering to remind him to go, cleaning the bathroom after a little boy, etc. I am seriously just waiting for him to do it on his own. However, my confidence that that will happen is starting to dwindle. I am just {hoping} he surprises me one day.
Thursday, November 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh I rememebr these days. I found it was better to wait until they were ready, boys especially. One day... they DO surprise you. It is amazing! Good Luck!
After trying to train him twice without luck, I told Kyle he would get gummy worms if he went potty in the toilet. One day, he decided to try it and he's been trained ever since - which was only a couple of months ago. Seriously, introduce the idea, then wait until he's ready. It's much less stressful. My other boys were similar with their training, and 2 1/2 to 3 years seems to be the right age for boys. I haven't found a solution to the mess they make though, sorry :)
Let me take that back. I'm remembering now that they were all trained between 3-3 1/2 years. Just keep encouraging him and one day it'll click!
I agree with Kim. When they are ready, they will do it. Boys seem to do well with competition...find another boy who is potty-training. And bribery...Michael was potty-trained in one day with the help of a large Lightening McQueen if he went #2...that was taken away if he had an accident. He was 3. Also, my boys sit down on the toilet like a girl until they are bigger, so I've never had an issue with urine all over the place. Good Luck!
Post a Comment