Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Dirtbags Summer Gathering

This last weekend we had the annual (well for the last 2 years alteast) dirtbag getaway to Prescott where one of the dirtbags lives. We just camp out (when I say we I mean the dads and kids:)) in the backyard. We had pizza at a park where there were bees, mesquitos and.....
tarantulas!

It was the real wilderness! The kids seriously caught this in the parking lot of the park. I have never seen one of these in the wild.
Of course we stayed up way too late playing games and having lots of laughs!
The next morning we had a yummy breakfast thanks to Ryan and Krista. Then we ventured to the local farmer's market-I wish we lived closer so I could've bought some of the produce.
We headed home after that, but the rest of the group headed to a lake and canoed and hiked.
It was great to get away! It was still hot, but definitely not as hot as the valley so it was nice.
Thanks for having us Ryan and Krista!!!
Dirtbags 2nd generation...
The adults...

No comments: