Thursday, August 7, 2008

Chump Change

I hate these things. They are definately more trouble than they're worth. They guy at Wendy's did not even bother giving me my penny change from $3.99 bill (I did not mind). I am constantly finding them on the ground and I do not even want to use the energy to pick them up except they are a choking hazard with a crawling baby and they would ruin the vacuum. I think it is actually illegal (what? I don't know, I think my mom told me that once when I was little), but I have just been throwing them away because I do not want to walk them to my wallet and if I don't they just end up back on the floor. Ugggh!

4 comments:

Malissa said...

Story of my life!! I am always picking up pennies off the floor...but sometimes I just let the vacuum suck them up!

Kim Watson said...

Hey, I throw them away, too! But only if they're dirty. If they're shiny and look clean, I put them in my jar. If they look disgusting, I throw them in the trash, wash my hands twice, then apply germ-x.
So, is it really illegal? I'm going to look that one up...

Kim Skinner said...

i'm with ya. i throw change away all the time.

Jamie and Heather Darger said...

I am not big on change at all but because I am a total freak about throwing money away I put it in a mason jar in the closet... okay here is the kicker. (mostly pennies but silver too) Jamie took the kids down to "exchange" it at the change machine. They came home with $63.00 WHAT! How is that possible! I am a change saver for sure now. I just may try to convert you - not for the law, but for your chance to go shopping with free money per say.