Saturday, August 2, 2008

Eight Years in the Making

Macey just turned 8 and she does think it is great! I however, have been trying to recover from her birthday party. I told the kids they only get "friend" birthday parties at 5,8,12 and then maybe 16 (we will see how they are behaving by then) because I think they are just too much expense and work to do every year (I know, I am mean). For her party we had 8 girls over for a Hannah Montana themed party and then we finished off the party with swimming. Macey was very determined what she wanted for her party...frozen cake and ice cream cupcakes from Costco, pass the package, Hannah Montana, swimming and that is what we did for 3 hours! It is always interesting to see the dynamics of little girls when you get a group of them together! All and all it went as planned and I think fun was had by all.

After the party we hurried up and went to meet the teacher (we got great teachers this year!) where Macey told everyone that said hi to her that it was her birthday and then it was off to celebrate Macey's birthday as a family. A couple of really funny things happened on the way (well, at least I thought they were funny, but it may have been due to my deliriously tired state). We were telling Macey all of the choices of places to eat in the Santan area and one of the places we narrowed it down to was Wendy's (it had to be quick at this point it was about 7pm). Emmy said "what type of food is at Wendy's". Too which Scott replied, sarcastically, burritos and cheese crisps and Emmy said totally believing him (which I think they would have learned by now) "oh, I will have a cheese crisp". I just started laughing so hard. The other thing happened just after that. Scott was saying, sarcastically again, that we were going to have to hurry so we could get back for basketball (meaning actually going to the church and playing b-ball). Too which Macey says, "Dad why can't you just DVR it". It was so funny just thinking about him DVR the live basketball instead of playing it. Like I said I was delirious. So, moving on, we ate Wendy's and then headed to Build-a-Bear. She already has a bear, which needed some repair, and then she picked out a new Hannah Montana outfit (of course) and a little backpack thing that she can carry her bear in. It was a great ending to a great day!

These are some pictures of Macey with some of her favorite presents... Hannah Montana pajamas, the doll from Grandma Phillips that is so lovely it cries and coos, and her build-a-bear.

Macey is.....

independent, responsible, her mom's helper and a lot of times without even being asked, a good reader, peacemaker, a good older sister to all of her sisters and brother, a good cleaner (especially vacuuming), and she is going into 3rd grade.

Macey enjoys.....

swimming, playing with friends, playing the Wii, and anything Hannah Montana.

Macey is the ultimate oldest child. She is my best helper and will be a great babysitter someday (although she will probably be babysitting for me most of the time). I can't even believe how fast she is growing up. I hate to be cliche, but we truly love having her in our home, she is a complete JOY!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MACEY!

1 comment:

JECKBECK (Erin) said...

Happy Birthday Macey! Sounds like the birthday was a hit- gotta love Hannah Montana.