Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Corn Maze

Scott had been promising to take the kids to the corn maze for a while now and last night we finally took them. We went to the one on power between Elliot and Warner. {pictures to come later, they are on Scott's camera in his truck} It was not busy at all since it was a weeknight. There was a bouncy house, sandbox, animals, pizza shaped garden, corn maze, lots of hay and for extra you could ride a train or some pedal go cart things. We pretty much had everything to ourselves. There were 6 punches throughout the corn maze and after about a half an hour they came out without finding any of them. The guy told them where the closest one was and Scott and Macey went in to get atleast one punch on their card. The corn maze was huge (I am not sure what I was expecting), that is it on the left! Afterwards we went to Chick-Fil-A for dinner where the kids redeemed their free kids meal cards from being on the Honor Roll. Although I was actually dreading all of the fried food (I usually don't even bat an eye at fried food) I was reminded that I should go there more often. You just can't beat the service. They refill your drinks for you, they are so polite, they let the kids trade in their toys for ice cream, they have a play area Claire can play in, they have plenty of staff so you never wait, they have diapers and wipes if you need them (luckily I had my own because both kids needed a change while we were there), they have sanitizer and lotion in their bathroom, they had fresh flowers on each table, they have sanitizing wipes on the high chairs, they gave Tate a balloon and their chicken is yummy, especially with honey-yum!
Note: Kids can tie their own shoes.check. Yeah!!!! Claire is in Tate's room minus Tate and she slept all night last night. Now that she is used to the room we will move her from the pack n play to her crib tonight so we are well on our way! Yeah!!!

3 comments:

The Whatcott Fam said...

I'm totally with you on the Chick-fil-a thing. I'm always totally amazed at their service when we go there. It's more expensive than other fast food but I always feel like it's better for me to spend money there than other fast food places where the service doesn't even come close.

Kim Watson said...

Dido on the service thing. I always wonder why so many restaurants don't make it a higher priority. It really does matter to people!

Heather Bower said...

I love Chick-fil-a ask Erin they kind of know me there it's sad, but it's so clean and yummy. Next time try the Chick-fil-a sauce on the fries. It is so great. Oh by the way on Tuesday it free kids meal day if you get a combo you get a free kids meal. Yeppie I love free. Oh by the way the maze looks fun, but I get so excited by Chick-fil-a. He, he, he...