However you spell it, it's F-U-N! I have been in this Bunco group for several years now and I never miss it! It's a must for some socializing and laughing with other adults. Unlike some Bunco groups that I have heard about, everyone in ours gets along and it is not a husband bashing gossip session. I usually get stressed out when it comes to entertaining, but this time I was extremely calm and not stressed, even Scott was impressed. There were several things that made this night memorable.....
Molly's 7 {seven} Buncos...here she is with the jar that she brought as a prize and picked to take back home! Hey, you always bring something you would want in case you need to pick it, so we get it, although I wanted it because it was so cute!

This is Rachele with her special prize. As the host I had to stand up in front of everybody and hold up this prize and show it, feeling very sorry for the person that would end up with this prize. Our prize amount is $10-$12 although many people are more generous than that. I was seriously feeling like I would need to give this person $5 just because I felt so sorry for them. So of course the last person to be drawn from the hat had to be Rachele, the sweetest nicest person ever, that brings awesome gifts, and then Tiffany came clean and said she brought it as part of that running joke and there was actually a $20 bill behind the plaque. Phew! In case you can not tell, it is unfinished wood that says Spring in Sharpie marker! I think everyone was sweating ending up with that prize.
Scott brought the kids home in the middle of playing and left the door open and let in some grasshoppers. We had to stop play while Tiffany and Suzy used their bare hands (imagine it in really dramatic voice) to catch them. I HATE (hates a strong word and I mean it) grasshoppers. I remember the horrors of running to my car after work while they jumped all over me and buzz in my ears and my hair. GROSS. Before we caught the second one it jumped on Kris's face and was fluttering in her eye. I rest my case. So, today I was sitting upstairs in the loft when Macey says, "Eeewww what is this?". So I look and it was a dead grasshopper sitting on the ledge! Scott had caught a 3rd one upstairs and he left it there hoping I would get freaked out by it! He is so evil!
There were several records.....20 Baby Bunco's.....Highest Score was like 500+ something.....my sister rolled 3 Buncos in a row with a total of 75 in just one round. We had a lot of subs so I was worried if it would be as fun, but it was just as, if not more fun! Counting down to next month.
1 comment:
Sorry I missed it, not sorry I missed the grasshoppers though! YUCK!
Post a Comment