Happy Mother's Day
to all you mothers out there (especially my mom and MIL)!!!
A couple of questions/suggestions needed from all my mother friends...

#1-From my non-reading mother friends....A BOOK SUGGESTION... I need a book that is simple to understand/easy to read and really good. I hate reading and the only books I have read in my whole life have been the Twilight books and I read them all in a week, but could not get into or finish The Host. I guess I would also like it to have some undying love (pun intended, hahahaha, Cracking Myself Up). I don't really want to have to think about what I am reading or have a big vocabulary. Is there anything else out there for me to read while I am passing time waiting for Emmy at gymnastics???

#2- From my organized mother friends....How do you organize your PHOTOS?...By year?kid?event? Although my picture supply is not growing as fast in this digital age, I still have not been able to figure out how to organize my pictures. They are currently (and have been for weeks now) in a huge mess on the floor of my bedroom. I have photo boxes and a labeler, but just can't seem to figure out what would be best. Please let me know what works for you? A couple of examples of why I can not choose one way...I have Easter pictures, but there happens to be a cute picture of Claire...does that go under Claire or Easter?
#3- How do you handle a difference in style between you and your daughters??? I just took Macey shopping and I just about gagged at some/most of the things she liked. Some of the things, there is no way I will spend money on them, but I also think that she should be able to have her own sense of style, so what do you do????
7 comments:
I LOVE Mary Higgins Clark books (mystery). I have a ton of them if you ever want to borrow. Entertaining and easy to understand :)
1- Coming from a reader of non fiction books who has only read a handful of fiction ones (like you, I start them and lose interest quickly)...I loved the Children of the Promise series.
2- I think sorting photos by event/date is best. It's the easiest way to go back and find what you're looking for. Also, keep a file for each kid for your favorite photos of them, like the Easter one you have of Claire.
3- There was an author of a parenting book on TV recently who said that her rule when clothes shopping with her daughter was that they both had to like it if they were going to buy it. Granted, her daughter was preteen, but it might work with Macey. I thought it was a great idea. I love that picture you found, btw, very funny!
1- I don't really read...the only things I do read are parenting books...and they're not paying off so I don't recommend that!
2- I sort by date...they're easy to find and it keeps me more organized if and when I ever scrap again...I do months at a time.
3- I have let Makinzee pick at her clothes lately...it makes me sad because they don't pick out the "cute" stuff any more. But I figured I should give her the freedom now...instead of her hiding her clothes in her back pack and changing at school. At least if I'm with her, I can guide her a little bit! Good luck!
1. Ditto on the Mary Higgins Clark thing. They are easy to read, suspenseful, romantic and entertaining. I have a bookshelf full of books if you ever want to come over. Not taking anything away from Twilight, but if those are the only books you've ever read, you are missing out. I am reading "These is my words" right now and it is awesome. You can read it when I'm done.
2. I sort in photoboxes by date/event, but now that all current ones are digital, I store them on an external hard drive in folders by date.
3. Choices baby. Do you like THIS or THIS better? Also, letting go is a good thing. You should see what my kids wear to school. They always pick out the ugliest (in my opinion) thing in their closet. If you look around at school, it appears most other mothers are experiencing the same thing.
These is my Words...Nancy Turner.
I've never met anyone who didn't love it. Children of Promise is great as Kim said, also Fishers of Men.
2- I make doubles or triples of my photos and I put a copy of all of them for our family photo albums and the extras go in my kids piles sorted by date.
3- I'll bet Rachel and Macey have the same taste....
I just saw someone else put down "These is my words" See!!! It's great...there is also a second and third book after it if you like it.
Too funny-- I was just about to recommend These is My Words! I only started it myself a few days ago, but have heard good things from many people and so far it's really good. MHC books are also great, as they said, and Children of the Promise are SO good-- easier to get into than The Work and the Glory, I think. Plus, lots of romance, believe it or not! Try The Host again-- it was hard for me to get into, but once I did, I couldn't put it down. Good luck!
Post a Comment