
Anyone that knows me probably knows that I DO NOT read, not that I can't read, I just pretty much think it is torturous! I think this goes back to my high school days where I never read one book that I was supposed to yet, I always managed a good grade through skimming, cliff notes or class discussions. My comprehension has never been good. I can read you something very quickly, but have no idea what I just read. Well, I think that has all changed. I went VT to one of my friends on Monday and she convinced me to try reading Twilight and so I agreed totally thinking that I would try, and be asleep before I finished the first chapter. WRONG! I could not put it down. It was playing out in my mind like a movie , and who wants to watch a movie over a month? Not me so I finished it in a day and a half (this should explain my abscence from blogging)! I can not believe it! I thought people were crazy when they said they read books this fast and could not put them down. I loved it and it is even about vampires (which do not exist-obviously) and most people that know me also know that I do not enjoy things that are not real. I found myself smiling and laughing as I read it. I thought it was so romantic (not in an R rated way or anything). I can not wait to read the next one, thank goodness there are more books in the series:-)! Most "readers" have read this series, but if you have not I highly recommend it!
12 comments:
My mom and sister in law have both read this series. They both say that I need to read it. I guess I'll have to now!
So you finally caved huh? Just kidding! They are so good, and the movie is supposed to be out in December some time. Now you have two more books to read before you have to wait it out like the rest of us till Aug. when the newest book comes out... sigh. just waiting.
They're the best, aren't they?? I remember reading the first one (borrowed it from my sis-in-law), then frantically calling every person in our ward who I thought might have the 2nd one- no luck, just went to Target and bought the next two.
Like I told you on the phone, I am absolutely crazy about these books. It is almost cult-like. The 4th book in the series is "Breaking Dawn". It comes out August 2nd. That gives you enough time to read New Moon and Eclipse, you'll probably have these done by next week now that you are hooked. Eclipse is my favorite (I am "Team Edward"- you will understand soon enough).
Anyways, you can pre-order "Breaking Dawn" at Amazon.com for $13.79. Otherwise you will need to line up outside the bookstore along with hundr
That’s so funny, I just started it on Tuesday night and I’m almost done haha. ITS SOOOO GOOD!!! I was demented to stay home from work yesterday to finish. I know how you feel I can not put it down, poor Jeff and my house have been neglected and will probably continue to be cause i'm hooked and want to finish the next 2 books as soon as possible there is no way I could wait to read them now :)
Thanks for checking out my blog, and thanks for your comment. I will have to subscribe to your blog. I use Google Reader, it is the best thing on the planet.
I LOVE this series...I love to read and its hard now because no other book compares to this series...come on EDWARD (I seriously am in love)!
I love these books. The second and third aren't as great as the first, but how could it. The first one just pulls you in!!!
Melody! Congrats on finding something you love to read! I always tell Dave that the reason he doesn't read is because he hasn't found the right book yet. Now you are done for...Keep going in the series...as if you could help yourself!!!! Next try "These is my Words" by Nancy Turner
When I saw the book at my house tonight, I wondered if you had read it or if you just gave up! I'm glad you did. I have the other two books too if you dare... :)
i am so glad you read it, i loved them all and couldn't put them down either. read all three in a week and a half. can't wait for the next and final one soon and the movies too. so romantic, i am with ya on that. gotta love edward..
I have had that dang book sitting on my dresser for about a month now. I couldn't decide if I even wanted to read a book about vampires, but also seriously concerned that it would take over my life as I read cause I'd like it so much. Needless to say, I read it on Saturday, it took me 9 hours total. Luckily we were driving to Utah:) I don't know when or how I'll get through the next two...
Post a Comment