Monday, June 30, 2008

{Best Blueberry Muffins Ever}

I agree, except for Paradise Bakery's blueberry banana muffins, but who could compete with those. That is actually what the recipe is called and I wrote it down out of a magazine at a Dr.'s office or something and finally had a chance to try them out. I made them yesterday and the kids and I have been eating them any chance we get. It made 2 & 1/2 dozen muffins.

Best Blueberry Muffins Ever


2C flour

2tsp baking powder

1tsp salt

4 large eggs

16oz. sour cream

10 Tbsp unsalted butter

2C old fashioned rolled oats

2C blueberries (if frozen don't thaw)

2Tbsp sugar


1. Heat oven to 375.

2. Line muffin tins.

3. In a small bowl combine flour, baking powder ,baking soda, and salt, set aside.

4. In a medium sauce pan, over medium heat, melt together butter and brown sugar about 3 minutes. Cool for about 5 minutes stirring frequently.

5. Meanwhile, in a large bowl beat eggs with Sour Cream, until thoroughly combined.

6. Beat sugar mixture into egg mixture.

7. Stir in oats.

8. Fold in flour.

9. Gently fold in berries.

10. Fill cups 3/4 full. Sprinkle a pinch of sugar on top of each muffin.

11. Bake 25-28 minutes or until edges are medium brown and tops firm. Cool for 5min.

2 comments:

Cicily said...

Fareak, those are making me salivate even looking at them. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Malissa said...

Of course I remember you did a show for me!! That's why I asked!! I need a small scooper thing, so I was wondering if you still did it. But I think a girl in my ward might be doing it now...so I'll ask her. I'm always scared to leave comments on people's blog...they might think I'm crazy or something...lol!! But now I will!