Saturday, June 21, 2008

If you can't stand the HEAT, get out of the KITCHEN

We could not stand the heat so we got out! Our air went out on Thursday evening and the guy could not come fix it until Friday sometime so we packed up and headed to my parents house, which is right here in the same neighborhood. Thank goodness for them and their cool house! Our thermostat was reading about 85 and I was dying! I am such a whimp when it comes to the heat. I have lived here my whole life and I am used to it, but I still believe in being comfortable inside the house! Why suffer when you don't have to?

So, now we are back home, and as far as the kitchen, I have been in it all morning between cleaning, making cinnamon rolls (1st time I have ever made them-thanks for the recipe Michelle), cutting up cataloupes, watermelon, pineapple, making myself a breakfast smoothie and now the kids want cheese cut up for crackers and Miracle Whip and I am waiting for the second rising of the cinnamon rolls to finish so that I can do the next step. I anticipate the cinnamon rolls being finished around 1:30 or so by the time they finish the last rising and get baked. Just in time for me to head out to a play with my parents, then dinner, then we are taking the kids to see Kung-Fu Panda if all goes as planned. Whew! Can't wait to get out tonight for nothing but fun!

2 comments:

Kim Watson said...

I'm glad you got your AC fixed...remember last year at our house with no AC? I never knew I was such a wimp in the heat until we lived without central air. Now we have it and I'm so glad! I'm going to have to try those cinnamon rolls...do your girls eat the miracle whip on the crackers and cheese?

Abby's Dad said...

Um, our air went out on Saturday night and we've been at Ashley's parents since then. Our guy is replacing our system tomorrow...did you jinx us or something? Or pass your bad A/C karma our way?