First, the play, Dear Ruth, was great. I highly recommend attending a play at the Hale Theatre if you have not been. It is very intimate and you are very close to the stage and can see every detail. That is precisely what made the play so funny last night when one of the actors walked in and his zipper was down and every bend opened the "door". I was seriously about to yell out XYZ when he sat down and noticed and said "oh, pardon me" and then everyone was laughing hysterically and jokes were thrown in about it all night. I am sure the poor guy was mortified, but it was hilarious. The play was already a comedy so it just made it funnier. They also announced their 2009 schedule and one of the plays will be Beauty and the Beast and that will be a must see for me.
Second, dinner at Logan's Roadhouse with just my parents and I. It's very similar to Texas Roadhouse which is one of my favorites. It was yummy as usual!

Third, was Kung-Fu Panda with Scott and the kids and it was pretty funny. Claire has been fine in the past when I have taken her to the morning kids movies so, I thought she would be fine. Well, she was not crying, but she had figured out how to do this high pitched scream and proceeded to do it all night. She has always been a talker, but this was a new sound for her and I could not get her to stop so, I had to stand and hold her by the door the whole time so I could still watch most of the movie. A side note, she was also spitting up like a fountain after she drank 8oz of bottle and that is why she still drinks only a 4oz bottle.
Fourth and final event of the night was at home. Our neighbor has been bugging us about this wasps (Scott actually showed me online that they are called mud daubers and they are not aggressive) nest. I had the bug guy spray it on Tuesday and we have never seen activity in it so at about 10:00PM Scott decides he needs to go up there and remove it. It was in this little vent that is either for our dryer or the bathroom I'm not sure. So, Scott was up on the fence and I was on the ground shining the flash light for him and of course that is the precise moment when 2 Sherriff cars drive around the corner with their spotlights. Of course they slowed down, but kept going. Scott needed something different to get the hive out so I went to the garage and opened it and I noticed they had stopped down the road and decided they should come check it out. They walked down and Scott had gotten down and came to talk to them. They asked what we were doing so we told them and of course they thought we were weird, but atleast we had shown them we lived here by opening the garage. Then they asked how long we have lived here and if we had any problems with any neighbors or anything and we don't so they moved on. The nosey gossip side of me was not satisfied that they knew about something and were obviously patrolling with their spotlights shinging on everything for something and we could not get them to tell us. I guess it made me feel a little safer that atleast they were patrolling the area.
So, the goal was achieved and fun was had by all.
P.S. the cinnamom rolls turned out yummy! If you want the recipe go to the Mclure's blog on my friends and family list.
3 comments:
Wow, busy day...sounds like you guys had fun. I was wondering how that Panda movie was going to be. And I've heard about the Hale Theater but have never been. I'll have to make it a point to go next time I'm in town.
OK- I am tired just reading the events of Saturday! Glad it turned out to be a fun day. I hope you rested on Sunday...
I've never been to Hale Theatre but I have heard it's great!
Sounds like a fun weekend!
Post a Comment