Wednesday, August 13, 2008

I guess I have procrastinated this post long enough (just because they were some jam-packed days and there is lots to post). Last week my half-brother, Rich, came into town for a few days. These are the events that took place (excuse the journal-like entry I am not in the mood for storytelling)...



Thursday, August 7, 2008:


Tara and I were in charge of "entertaining" Rich until my mom got off of work. We had a leisurely breakfast at Chick-fil-a. I know a wierd place for breakfast, but it is pretty good and they have the play area for the kids. Then we came back to my place for some Wii action and R&R. Then we decide we should probably have some sort of lunch so we called in an ordere to Red Brick Pizza, which Tara swears by, and then she ran to pick it up. I had to take Macey to a song practice for her baptism and when I returned Rich had the kids entertained with some games (you know the races and competitions that men make up). The kids really enjoyed it. Then Rich, my mom, Toby and I all went for dinner at Cravings.




Friday August 8, 2008:

We headed over to the West Valley for our activities this day. First we went to the Cerreta Candy Factory for a so called "tour". We actually just stood there while a lady stood there and told us how they made each individual candy, but did not show us or anything so the kids were not really interested. They gave us some free samples though! Then we headed down the street to Cabela's, a hunter's paradise. It was funny that we were visiting a sporting shop, but it was really neat. The first thing that hit me when we walked in was that sweaty horse smell, ya gross. It must have been coming from all of the animal hides in the store. They have a lot of animals that have been stuffed, a plane, a water fall, and a pond with live fish in it. It was pretty neat to look at and I think the kids enjoyed it. We also played the shooting game that they had there where you shoot at the targets and some of them shoot water at you and stuff, pretty cool. Then we had lunch at the cafe where you can order buffalo, elk, venison, etc. like you had just hunted it yourself! I just stuck with clam chowder in a bread bowl and the kids had pizza, but my mom did try the buffalo burger and Rich had some wierd kind of hot dog. After that we went over a block or two to get a closer look at the Cardinals Stadium and then we headed home. Then we gathered that night for some pizza, chocolate fountain and the Olympic Opening Ceremonies.Caleb? Is that you?This is how I like to see Mountain Lions!



Saturday, August 9, 2008:


HaPPy BiRtHDaY ToBy!



My mom wanted Rich to meet Shannon's husband and kids so we got together for breakfast and some morning swimming at their house. After that we went home to regain some sort of composure for the next activity which was the Diamondbacks game (well, I actually went to a baby shower in between, but anyways). Rich and his wife Alex live in North Carolina and have really been missing baseball and of course that is music to my families ears so, to the game we went. We made a pit stop at Carolina's since I had never been, and let me tell you it was the best burrito I have ever had and we will definately be stopping there more often! We enjoyed ourselves with the kids at home with a babysitter, unfortunately, the game was not so good with a lot of errors, O-Dog's season ending injury and a loss, but we still had a good time (hey, atleast we got a free shirt out of it!). Then we stopped by my parents house to say our good-byes and see what Toby got for his birthday (a new rocker with surround sound for his room).

(ugggh my face has been so broken out lately! also I am not sure why this typing is being underlined???)
I was ready for some rest on Sunday (the day for that you know), but of course that doesn't really happen when church is @ noon and you are the nursery leader over 6 huge nurseries. Then of course I had to watch the ladies gymnastics Sunday night!

1 comment:

Jared and Tara Phelps said...

To add my own editorial comments

Red Brick Pizza - I Only swear by the Fhazanis - a sandwich type thing with really GOOD flat bread.

Cabela's - There really is a horse stable and dog stuff outside of Cabela's so the horse smell was pure live horses, not the dead animals.

also at Cabela's - My mom and I won the shooting game contest that we all had (beating Rich, the hunter and Melody 200 to 190)