Wednesday, February 27, 2008

I've been Tagged



It took me a while to think of 7 weird/random things about myself, not because I am not weird, but because they were all things that require psychiatric help, not funny:-)!


1. I LOVE ice! Especially ice water, people make fun of me because I will stop at Sonic for a large ice water with extra extra extra ice (you have to say it 3 times or they do not put enough). I can not stand McDonald's because no matter how many times I say it, it always melts before I drink it. I don't even chew it really I just have to hear ice clanking in the cup until I drink the whole drink. This will probably be the thing I will miss the most if there is a crisis!


2. I HATE dirty or dry hands and I am afraid I have passed that on to my kids. I am extremely sensitive to how my hands feel. I am not OCD about it, but I wash/sanitize my hands frequently. I also have to leave a bottle of lotion in my van because I can not stand when my hands feel dry and I always realize it as soon as I start to drive.


3. I can not stand wet uncombed hair on my neck. This is why I have those little towels with the elastic and I always keep my hair up until I can brush it. I always have to bring them with me when I travel so that I do not have to use 2 towels.


4. I can not clean 1/2 way (although I am making improvements on this). This is why when you come to my house and it is usually messy. If I do not have the time or energy to vacuum I can not pick up the floor. If I do not have time to mop I can not bring myself to sweep. I can also never keep my bathroom clean (why put it away if I am just going to get it out again tomorrow?) I also never make my bed unless I know people will be coming in my room (same theory as with the bathroom). I chalk this up to my perfectionism, believe it or not. If I can not do it perfectly I can not bring myself to do it, so I just don't do it!


5. Expensive taste. I am not sure where I got this because I have never had money. You can put a line up of items in front of me and I will always pick the most expensive one. Scott hates this about me, but I can not help what I like!


6. I LOVE/NEED a lot of sleep! I have to get at least 8 hours at night and then I usually have to lay down in the afternoon. I don't read books because I automatically doze off after a few pages. I am only worth about and hour or two of drive time and then I doze off-even if I have just woken up after a full night of sleep. Fortunately/unfortunately (I am not sure) only Macey is like me. The rest of the family is like Scott and only needs minimal sleep to be functional (and pleasant).


7. I LOVE flip flops/sandals. I wear them all year. I have nicer shiny ones & cheap plastic ones in all colors. Occasionally I convince myself that maybe I should wear tennis shoes if I will be walking a lot and I always regret it. My feet and toes always hurt from the tennis shoes, but never from the flip flops. This is the biggest hurdle that keeps me from excercising-socks & shoes. I also feel like tennis shoes make me look more like a cowgirl (with jeans) and make my legs look shorter and fatter (it does not make sense I know).

Not sure who I will tag since several of you have already done this one!

2 comments:

Kyle said...

It was fun to learn more about you...even though it seems like I have known you for a long time. I am totally opposite on the cleaning..I wake up and make everyones beds first thing in the morning and I am constantly picking things up!
Edit your post and change the post date so it will post on the top (does that make sense?) or just cut and paste it to a new post...
Kyle

Kim Watson said...

Hey, we have a lot in common! I also like a LOT of ice, hate wearing close-toed shoes, will not clean half-way, and need a lot of sleep. Most of my family don't need as much sleep, and I still have a complex about being the "lazy" one. I've just learned to get my 9 hours and I'm good.