I was thinking about this the other day and wondered what others thought about this subject.
TRIBUTE: This is a tribute to those shows that have gone before their time-
The Mole- I loved this show. It was a reality show that ran a couple of seasons and was HU-LARRY-US! It had celebrities (you know the ones you have not seen in a while) i.e. Dennis Rodman, one of the Baldwin brothers (the one on Celebrity Apprentice),Corbin Bernson, Kathy Griffin, etc. . They had challenges to complete and one of them was a mole and would have to sabotage the challenges without being detected. After each challenge they had to answer questions about the mole, based on the who they thought the mole was would determine how well they would do on the quizes. The one that did the worst was eliminated every week. I LOVED this show it was hilarious and came together at the end as they showed all of the things the mole did to sabotage the tasks. Oh I forgot to mention there was money at stake for each task. I thought this show was way better than several other reality shows that have stuck around.
NoTORIous- Or something like that. It was on E or VH1. It was a show with Tori Spelling as the main character and she was basically making fun of herself and her family. She would poke fun at how big her dads house was and how mean her mom is. It was soooo funny and I thought she did a really good job in it.
Crossing Jordan- Is this show still on? I do not remember a final episode but have not heard about it in a while and I love it!
PLEA- This my plea for you to watch some shows that are on right now that I am afraid may also see the end before their time if they do not have a following. Let me just say I lOVE all of these shows!
PSYCH- It is one USA network late Fridays (I DVR it of course). It is about this guy who has the ability to notice details and remember them and tries to pass it off as psychic abilities. He has some connection with the police and he solves their cases. Anyways it is a show that does not require knowledge of all previous episodes (like LOST) that you can just watch, laugh and enjoy.
Ghost Whisperer- It is on Friday night (I am seeing a pattern) at 7pm on CBS. It has Jennifer Love Hewitt in it. She can see the deceased who have not crossed over because they still have unfinished business. She helps them resolve it and cross over. I love how it comes together at the end and you get a warm fuzzy teary feeling.
Side Order of Life- This show is on Lifetime (I am a major channel sufer and I just come across these shows). It has this blonde actress and Jason Priestly (is that his name?). They were engaged but not any more. They have the same circle of friends and I think they even work at the same place(I have not seen it in a while, it is it's off season right now). She has this picture perfect guy that she accidentally started talking to on her cell phone and now they confide in eachother all of the time. She about to meet him anytime now. At one point we thought she had meet him (Ian Zeering) but he was pretending.
I am sure there are more I am not remembering but these are the ones that are coming to me right now. Of course I have to mention the long running shows I love that I was scared would end but still have not....E.R. and One Tree Hill, According to Jim. And we can also have a section on shows that should not continue, but that list would be too long to list here.
Tuesday, February 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I still catch episodes of Crossing Jordans in the mornings on cable but it's not running anymore that I know of. I am not sure about a lot of those other shows, but sometimes I wonder why they take off the air the shows that I like. Does that mean that I have bad taste?
I'd never seen Ghost Whisperer before, but I watched it tonight since you recommended it. I liked it a lot. Too bad it's on Friday night.
Post a Comment