I have been wanting to jot down my thoughts about Tate for a while now since I know that he will not be my "Tatie poo" for much longer. There is definately a different kind of love between a mom and her boy (not more or less just different). For any of you that know Tate, you know that he is a piece of work, but cute as can be. He is definately all boy!
CARS- He loves loves loves his cars. He has to have one in each hand as he goes to bed, he lines them up, sends them down ramps, and pretty much anything else you can do with them. He can also remember there wherabouts at all times. You can say go get your cars and he will go right to the spot where he left them (I think this is pretty amazing even though they are pretty much all over the house). You would think he would get sick of them, but no. Scott said he was the same way as a kid. He also loves to push around those big yellow dump trucks. At one time we would have to load them in the car when we were going somewhere because he would not part with them and as soon as I would put them outside he would drag them back in.
WHAT HE WATCHES- Naturally he loves the movie, Cars. Thankfully it has slowed down a little bit, but still watches it several times a week from start to finish. His other favorite right now is "Dora boovts". This is how he tells me he wants to watch Dora the Explorer. I DVR it so we have it to watch at any time. I cannot even tell you how many episodes of this he watches a day (way too many for sure).
QUIRKS (cute & not so cute things he does)- He always takes his shoes off in the car. We have learned and just keep his socks and shoes and put them on at our destination.... He loves to have his picture taken any time I get the camera out. This is his "cheese" face.......
He loves Mugsy. He always makes sure Mugsy is following him saying "come on Muvsy"....... One of his phrases right now is "oh man" as he swings his arm (just like Swiper from Dora)...... Right now he is having fun burying things in the sand (such as the phone, Nintendo DS and whatever else that would be ruined by the sand). He is so quick and always up to something. A couple of weeks ago my mom was doing my hair and as we were rinsing it in the sink Tate started crying and had burnt his arm. He had gotten a hold of this thing that you put in water to heat it and plugged it in and burnt himself and then it proceeded to burn my moms wooden floor all in a matter of minutes right next to us. No matter how much I feel like I am watching him he always proves that I am not watching him close enough. I have to be on guard constantly. He is an escape artist and gives me nightmares that he is going to get out and I am going to back over him- I am serious about these nightmares and they are re-occuring...... Tate is the first child that I have had to "child proof" the whole house. I know how they always say to do that, but Macey and Emmy never got into things like Tate does. I have child proof handles on several doors and need to get more, I had to put locks on some of the cabinets and now I need to get a device for the fridge. I have come down stairs several times from putting Claire to sleep to find tomatoes, Mayonnaise, and whatever else he can reach out on the counter....He loves cereal and already picks the marshmallows out of Luck Charms. He loves waffles, but thinks the picture looks like pizza so that is what he calls them. All he wants to eat all day is cookies. He knows what the good stuff is!...He says "hold you" and puts his arms up when he wants you to hold and cuddle him. Although he only wants it briefly I treasure these moments and know that they will get fewer and farther between. I think I will just have to be like the mom in the book "Love You Forever"....He has started playing with my hair and it makes me laugh every time.
We love Tate, quirks and all!










3 comments:
What a cute boy! I think you are right there is definetly a different bond with mom's and their boys (and dad's and their girls)
Kyle
Cute post. You'll be glad you wrote all of this down. And yes, there is definitely something between a mom and her son(s).
Those pictures are so adorable. Tate is a cutie.
Post a Comment