This last weekend Scott and I were away hiking Havasupai. It's a really long hike that borders on torturous. But the destination is so beautiful I would say that everyone should do it at least once in their lives. The picture above is the main falls by the campgrounds, but there are 2 other falls that you can hike to that are just as beautiful. The pictures do not do it justice. The first time I ever did it was when I was pregnant with Emmy. Yes, I did it pregnant so you could do it too. The hike in is not that bad really, but the hike out is really HARD I won't lie! When I was pregnant I took a horse out and I would say that that is also pretty hard on you as well so splurge on the helicopter ride like Shelley did this time.
This is a group picture of everyone that went minus Caleb and Shelley since she had not flown up in the helicopter yet. Steve and Kim came down from Utah since this trip was organized a surprise for Steve's birthday since he had never been before. Thank goodness for them and the Burleys or I would have been hiking all by my lonesome. All and all it was good trip.
Note to self: IF there is a next time bring chairs, cups, hard coolers with ice in them, packets of drink mix to flavor the water, toilet paper, baby wipes, bring things to do in the down time (ie book to read, cards, etc), stay down there at least one more day to recover and enjoy before hiking out (we drove up Thursday and stayed at the top and then hiked in Friday morning, and hiked out Sunday morning).
6 comments:
That sounds fun. It is something that I have always wanted to do, but have not had the chance. Or at least made the effort to do.
Kathleen already called me and told me how much fun you guys had. We are planning one for next summer with the family, your post just made me that more excited about it!!!
Wow, that is so gorgeous! Melody, you look great! It sounds like you had a great time.
That looks so beautiful!!! Sounds like a fun trip.
That sounds like fun! I love your pics! We missed you guys at Powell though!
Sounds like you enjoyed your stay. My girlfriend and I are planning a trip to Arizona this August. Havasupai was something we had planned on doing. I have been to Havasupai back in 1993 and have been dying to return. I have explored the web and have read some not so enthusiastic comments about the reservation and was hoping to contact someone who had been there recently. I have a couple of questions. Did you feel safe on the resevation? How sanitary is the camp ground? After reading some distressing post online we were concerned and may change our minds. Thank you for putting the effort towards a beautiful blog. You may email me at ricknewbury@cox.net or just post a response here.
Post a Comment