Monday, September 15, 2008

Back to School


Did you know I went back to school? Yep, I am in the third grade. I just did a book report (1st of many to come I am sure) on a non-fiction book called "The Ecosystem of an Apple Tree". Seriously!!! Are you kidding me.....kids should not have to do these things if they are not able to just do them themselves. What are they learning from this? Can't they just read the book and take a quiz to see if they understand what they are reading...oh wait they already do that.....that is what the AR program is for...no they also need to do an elaborate photo album of hand drawn pictures and captions, atleast 3 sentences long, for each picture. I already did my time and now I have to do it all again with 4 kids! Geesh!

5 comments:

Jamie and Heather Darger said...

Dont even get me started....school should be like scouts pack night each time our kids "accomplish" something. Being recognized for the support and help we give them during the process. Not to mention the nagging and late nights and on and on.... Where is MY graduation cap huh?

The PATHETIC part is now a days it is almost exspected from the kids to produce that type of work and I dont know any kids that can on his own. It really makes me sad for those that do not have someone at home helping him along.

Wisconsin Watsons said...

I am SSSOOO with you! It's all fun and games at school so that your child thinks the teacher is the best person in the whole world, and then I"M made to be the 'bad guy' and make them do the REAL work at home....lovely...Terri

Kim Watson said...

You are completely right. If a child can't do it himself, it shouldn't be assigned!
I am against ANY homework. They're in school for 6 1/2 hours everyday, isn't that enough? Homework would be fine if school was shortened to 3 or 4 hours (which is all they would need, if they did things right). With the way it is, they should be able to get everything done at school.
You should just let Macey do it herself. If all parents did that, teachers would soon learn what types of things to assign.

GoatesGirl said...

Amen!

Heather Bower said...

You crack me up. You are so funny, I love to read your stuff because you are so silly and funny. :-)