Saturday, September 6, 2008

Yummy Rolls

My friend/neighbor Shannon, made these rolls for my baby shower for Claire and I never ended up having any, but my mother in law remembered them and had me make them for Shelley's baby shower yesterday. They pull apart in layers and are a little different than the usual. I was running behind but with Shannon's help (thanks your a lifesaver) we got them done and they turned out great. Here is the recipe...

Pull Apart No Knead Yeast Rolls

Stir with fork until liquified:

1 tsp sugar

2 pkgs dry yeast

2 cups lukewarm water


Mix in a large bowl:

2 cups lukewarm water

1/2 cup sugar

2 Tblsp oil

1 Tblsp salt


Add:

yeast mixture

2 well beaten eggs


With electric mixer: Mix in 4 cups of flour. With fork work in 2 more cups of flour (should not be too dry but be able to hold together when you put it on the counter). Cover until you need it.


1 1/2 hours before serving:


Melt butter in small bowl (about 2 sticks).


Working half of the dough at a time, work in (really it's kneading) enough flour so that the dough is not sticky. Roll out dough (thicker than sugar cookies but thinner than biscuits). Cut large circles with biscuit cutter or a drinking glass. Dip 1/2 of the circle of dough into the melted butter. Fold in half and place in rows, slit side up, in oblong cake pan. Makes one 11x13 pan and a little extra.


Let rise one hour in warm kitchen, out of drafts (I covered and let rise outside and was done in about 45 min. in this heat!).


Bake @ 400-425, 15 minutes or until golden brown.


5 comments:

Kim Watson said...

Mmmmm! Those look soooo good. I'm definitely going to make some. Thanks for the recipe!

Kyle said...

Those looks SO GOOD! Thanks!

Airan said...

Those rolls at Shelley's shower were delicious! Thanks for the recipe, I'll be making them soon!

Tim and Shay said...

YUMMY!

Heather Bower said...

I'm going to have to try those, but they seem like they are going to take all day. They look yummy I wish I had them now. I hate seeing yummy recipes and watching food network never a good combination.