Friday, September 19, 2008

Like Mother Like Daughter

I remember a distinct time in my life where I really hated country music and then one day....somehow I heard the song "Love, Me" by Collin Raye, and I was converted. Lately Macey and Emmy have really been into music, always wanting it on. About a month ago Macey found my Inside Out CD and had been listening to it, unbeknownst to me. Then she told me about this song she really loved and had been listening to, and it was their version of "Love, Me". So of course I had to tell her the story of how I love that song, too and would listen to it over and over all of the time. I don't know, something about the tune and the romantic story in the lyrics. That girl is a spitting image of me with just about everything....our looks....how we cry when we are tired...our emotions....how we learn...just about everything. Makes me realize what I must have put my mom through, and we're not even to the teenage years yet. Hold on, it will be a bumpy road (more like a roller coaster).

3 comments:

Jared and Tara Phelps said...

Sorry Melody - I have to out you on this one.
The truth is...Melody suddenly converted to country when she had a serious crush on a cowboy named Andy Cooper that went to our junior high school. And she made me listen to it until we both liked it.
That story about "Love, Me" is b.s.

JECKBECK (Erin) said...

Oh...Gotta love little sisters (thanks for the "truth" Tara).

I don't love much Country music, but lately, I am in love with Taylor Swift (not literally, but she is great).

If Macey is just like you, then she is LUCKY- you are a great person to be like!

Operation Kids said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.