
My room. Ahhhh my room. The bane of my existance....the catch all...the mismatched garage sale furniture....mismatched/sparse bedding....Rubbermaid containers acting as furniture....did I say catch all? It is all I can do to keep up with the rest of the house and my poor room (really poor Scott and I) gets the leftovers which is usually nothing. I am not sure if it will ever be the sanctuary/retreat room that I dream of, but at least for now I can see fresh vacuum lines and sleep on clean bedding. I tried to snap a picture, but I am afraid it still came across as messy because it is the catch all and there are piles, organized piles, all over. My room has never really been a concern for me because I have always been under the impression that other people outside the circle of trust(family that lives in the house) should never enter it. I am realizing that that this may be kind of weird, as friends freely welcome me into their master bedrooms (ok that sounded weird, but hopefully you get what I mean) without any hesitation and even when I have given people tours of the house and my room is presentable, I always feel awkward. Atleast now I will not be alarmed if there was a fire or something and they had to try and rescue me in that mess. Just as I am sure every time I clean my room, I am sure it will last this time!
I am sure you realized, but that is not a picture of my room. I wish.
How ironic is it that Google Reader is recommending I read a blog called
"A Beautiful Mess" today?!?!
3 comments:
I didn't realize you had snuck in my bedroom and taken a picture. :)
not.
I hear you....too bad my room leads into the main room of the house. If it is a disaster - well....everyone see's it. It feels so weird that people walk in the house, stranger or not and view my personal life (okay my napping station) You are so lucky yours is upstairs....plastic tubs or not. :)
I concur with you! My bedroom is mine, not intended for everyone else.
I am glad to hear someone else's room is not as perfect as that picture. Mine could use some clutter control as well!
Post a Comment