We finally did our
gardens! We were just going to do one, but we went a little crazy at the nursery and ended up building 2! They are definately not aesthetically pleasing, but they serve their purpose. We're trying tomatoes, brussel sprouts (yes, we like these), strawberries, red bell peppers, cauliflower, romaine, red lettuce, butter lettuce, artichoke, and cucumbers! There are several other things we would like that they did not have in the plant form, but I think we may be maxed out in space. We will see what comes of it. They should not take too long to be ready since they are already half way there compared to starting as seeds (we are a little impatient). I did help with the planting, but Scott did most of the backbreaking work! What a guy. Basically four hours in the middle of the day and a migraine headache later it feels good to have them done. Now just water and wait! I am forseeing a lot of salad in our future.



5 comments:
Do you think if I show Benson this post it will motivate him to build a garden for me??
Sounds like fun...you'll have to post an update in a couple weeks!
You guys are good!! I always think about doing a garden...but I never do! It's so stinkin hot to go out and water it...starting with plants instead of seeds is a great idea!! That makes it a bit easier!!
YOu inspire me...I NEED TO START. (and fill our water barrels at that!) Looks good, one we get one going we should all trade the left over stuff we have too much of!
good job. can you build ours now?
I am so jealous! I love fresh garden tomatoes - and all the other things you planted sound yummy, too. You'll have some delicious salads.
Post a Comment