Thursday, March 27, 2008

9 Years

Wow! It's been 9 years since Scott and I were married for time and all eternity. I can't say it's all been easy, lovey dovey and fun, but we have made it this far and we still love eachother. Of course, like most of our holidays/family events this one is also over ruled by sports. Scott will be going to some March madness games tonight and we will go out and celebrate on Saturday night instead.

9 Things I Love About You
1. You are incredibly FORGIVING. You have forgiven me time and time again. You are not judgemental and accept people and their faults unconditionally.
2. You have this amazing ability to be DIRECT with people in a way that it is not offensive. You can tell anyone they are an idiot and they love you even more. I don't know how you do it.
3. You are the LIFE OF THE PARTY. Not in a self-indulgent obnoxious way you just always have ideas of what to do and keep the party entertaining. People can always come to you for ideas of what games to play and what to do.
4. You are a HARD WORKER. At anything you do wether it is work, serving and you play hard. You never stop.
5. You are a terrific DAD. You are involved with your kids, you put them to bed, you make sure they do fun things, you wrestle with them, you do your funny laugh with them. You never complain about having the children when most men think of it as babysitting and you take them often allowing me to regroup.
6. You're the HEAD OF OUR HOUSE. Although I am a control freak with strong opinions, I love that you step up to be the patriarch of our home. You lovingly discipline our kids and you can get them to clean up quickly with no complaints. I love your sense of duty and willingness to provide for the family. It is hard work and not a burden I would want to bare and yet, you do what you can so that I am able to stay home and be the mom.
7. You are UNSELFISH. If anyone asks you to do anything (play, work or serve) you do what you can to figure out a way to do it. You always let me drive the nicer car, let me choose where to eat, and forgo your wants and needs to meet the needs and wants of your family.
8. You are SMART. Most people do not realize this about you or give you the credit you deserve because you are not a loud personality. For some people this might make them frustrated, but you are fine to let others that need the attention and control have it. And of course you know every single thing about sports.
9. You're HOT! I love your blue eyes, manly shoulders and strong biceps.
I LOVE YOU SCOTT!

4 comments:

Kyle said...

Happy Anniversary! Hope you guys do something fun and romantic on Saturday!

Kim Watson said...

Happy Anniversary! I loved reading your list of things about Scott...they are all so true. Happy Birthday to Scott, too!

Unknown said...

Wow! Next year will be a decade! How awesome! So did time fly, or does it seem like forever ago?

Melissa Gardner said...

happy anniversary guys.. 9 years is a big deal. loved the list melody.. so sweet.