

Yesterday was Scott's birthday and he thought we were going to be at the cabin so I planned a little surprise for him. We headed home in time to blow up some balloons and things and then we went to surprise him at his soccer game. I had gotten some email addresses from Scott's email so the soccer team would know what was going on(he will probably change his password now) and made sure that his friend would have him at dinner until the last minute before his soccer game. I called him as we were on the way to the soccer game and I heard him say to his friends as he answered the phone that he had to go to his soccer game. We were really tight on time and him coming from Costa Vida we were going to be getting there at about the same time. I told him that were still atleast an hour away from home and he reminded me that he had a soccer game and would be home late. I tried to keep him on the phone so he could not say bye to his friends by singing Happy Birthday on the phone but he threatened to hang up so I stopped. We pulled in and as we were getting out of the van he pulled in but the kids ran over with the poster and the balloons and said Happy Birthday! It worked out a lot better than the original plan and I would say that he was surprised. He got a little testy with my whole production because he does not like "public attention" even though deep down I know he does. At the end of the game (which they won) everyone had chocolate chip cookies which Scott requested instead of cake. We got him a new Wii game and the charging station for the controllers, but he may change that for another controller instead.
So, I came home only to realize that I did not have a house key on me so we had to go to my mom's for the girls to take a shower (which they had not had for like 5 days) and to blow up the balloons before we headed to the soccer game which ended up to be a good idea since we were in such a hurry my mom was able to help me. The 1st picture is of Claire's new toy. She just kept watching the balloon move as she moved her leg. The 2nd picture was of all of the balloons that were let go in the process of blowing them up.



HAPPY BIRTHDAY SCOTT!
(I think he is past the age where you disclose it, but I will leave that up to him)
No comments:
Post a Comment