
We did not have much going on before church since the girls were gone and then we went to church. The talks were wonderful and the music was so moving. After church we went over to my parents for an Easter dinner where mom and dad gave us the whole report on their trip to Scotland. Then it was on to the infamous Easter egg hunts! Grandma Phillips had goodie bags for all of the kids and had eggs hidden in the back yard for the kids to find. She had a color for each kid to find. Tate's color was yellow although he was more interested in just getting the quick ones in

the grass. He quickly lost interest and was playing with the tether ball and riding bikes. Then it was on to the adult hunt. This was the first experience for Dustin so he was shocked when we got so violent and ruthless to find the eggs. As I was clearing a pathway Scott and Toby started to fight over an egg that was over my head and knocked my camera out of my hands-and we had not even started! At one point after the hunt had started we counted eggs and I only had 5! I was thinking I could only have $5! We counted all of the eggs and realized that there were still 16 left to be found.

So on went the hunting. By the end of it I had 12 eggs. And the winner is..........ME! I came out with the most again this year with $45! Tara and Jared had the least with about $25 between the both of them. It was funny at the end we were talking about how when my mom first started doing this it was only $1 bills and now we complain that we only got $25. Hopefully mom doesn't think we need some humbling next year:-)! I had my dad take some pictures while we hunted so I could show you. Claire was quickly declining and getting sicker so we headed home to get her some

medicine and get some rest before we headed up to the cabin the next morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment