Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Emmy's Ants


Emmy got an Ant Farm for Christmas (this was one of Scott's childhood memories he wanted to relive) and we had to order the ants and they finally came! Apparently they can not send the ants if it is too cold at night so Emmy had to wait all of this time for them to come. They came in a little tube with a carrot to nibble on. Of course, leave it to Scott (men actually) to skip over the directions even though there were only 3 sentences to read. You were supposed to put the ants to "sleep" by putting them in the fridge for 15 minutes, but Scott did not, and I am sure you could guess, we had some escapees and casualties during the process of getting them out of the tube and into the farm. They seem to always be working and doing something (they do not realize it is pointless to move all of the sand around). As we speek Scott has them on his desk so he can "keep an eye on them".

1 comment:

Kim Watson said...

I remember my brothers loving their ant farms. Seeing Emmy's, I think I'll get Jack one for his birthday. Looks like fun!