Wednesday, March 26, 2008

The Cabin

Monday morning I packed up the van with all of the stuff for Me, Claire, Tate and everything for Scott's birthday surprise (details coming in next post) and headed to Scott's parents property. We let the girls miss a couple days of school since Telia was in town. The weather was sooo great! This is the perfect time of the year up there where the days are not hot yet and the night are still cool enough to have a campfire.

Above is some pictures of the cabin. What you can't see just below the bottom of the first picture is a creek that runs through the property. The kids got wet in it several times. The next picture is a the ramada where we gather and talk and eat and just in front of it is the campfire circle.

Below is the kitchen. Scott's parents and Scott's grandpa (Lynda's dad) did all of this work with re-claimed from a property down the way . This is where I had to cook 3 batches of chocolate chip cookies for Scott's birthday. The next picture is Claire in the swing while I am making these cookies. I am afraid there is not really anything I can do about this finger sucking even though I swore my kids would never suck their thumbs or any fingers. Never say never especially when it comes to what your kids will or won't be.

This is the kids with Uncle Joe who was so good to give them all rides on the 4 wheeler since Scott was not able to be there (he has been super busy with work lately). The next picture is of Tate because he basically just sits on the quad all day waiting for someone to come give him a ride. Everytime I would walk by he would say "come on mom let's go".

No comments: