We went out on Saturday night to celebrate our anniversary. We dropped the kids off at my moms to have a sleep over since were going to be out late. We tried out Farrelli's (thanks for the idea Karolee via Kathleen). It is a movie and dinner theater in Scottsdale. We watched Juno (funny, similar feeling to Napoleon Dynamite, not for the prude(I hate that word but I don't know what else to call it))and ate dinner. We had a spinach and artichoke dip as an appetizer, which seemed like it had cheddar cheese or something it was a little different but good. Scott ordered the baby back ribs, his review: good, ribs are hit or miss so he would probably try the cheeseburger if we went back (he always regrets trying anything besides a cheese burger). I had a tomato and mozzarella salad with a balsamic vinegar and olive oil dressing and I added chicken, my review: pretty good, just enough food, I just thought it was odd that the chicken was not hot. The Harkins theatres have priority to the movies so they have to wait until Mr. Harkins is not showing the movies anymore so they are not the first showings although there was a sign on the door that said Century Fox will now be releasing their movies to them so they know that they will be showing Nim's Island when it comes out. Overall review: ALL staff very friendly, seating is more comfortable and private than other movie theaters, food a little expensive and attempts to be fancy, but still ok. It was overall a good experience that I would say is worth trying. It would be a great idea if it was closer and served more casual food then you could save time (I am thinking $ for babysitters)by doing both things at once. Happy Anniversary to us!
(Pictures to come when I get my camera working)
Monday, March 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That sounds fun! Thanks for sharing. Happy Anniversary!
We haven't been there but I have wanted to check it out! Thats a bummer that the food wasn't that great!
Happy Anniversay! I really want to try that place out sometime! Thanks for the review.
Post a Comment