Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Hiking Usery Pass

Remember I said I needed to get into shape sooooo, I decided to agree to going hiking with the Williamson's. We went and hiked Usery Pass. The weather is great right now! The wild flowers are in bloom and beautiful, and would have made a really great picture, but I thought I would need all hands to catch me if I were to fall so I did not bring it up the mountain. As my legs were burning, my blisters were growing and I thought my legs were going to collapse I had to remember that all of my kids (obviously not Claire) have done this hike no problem. Apparently even Tate has hiked every step of that hike. Scott's dad is a sprint hiker-no breaks. I could not keep up with him and I think that Shelley just felt bad for me and stayed with me:-)!!! I am sure I will be really sore for a couple of days, but it felt good to get out get the blood pumping.

2 comments:

Kyle said...

I think we are doing that hike on Saturday...I have never done it and thought it would be semi easy..but now I am scared :)

Stacy said...

I love that hike, our family did it back in February and the wildflowers were just beginning to bloom. I told the kids that in a few weeks, it would be gorgeous! What a fun family activity!