Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Labor Day 2008

Labor Day 2008 was spent up at the Williamson cabin. My brother in law's family and their friends were there as well. The kids all got along great! Macey and Emmy always seem to play better with the boys than the girls so there was no problem that all of the kids were boys.

Scott got a special surpsrise for the kids and they enjoyed it all weekend. This is Macey after a ride, thus the helmet hair.

This is me getting it unstuck as Macey snaps numerous pictures of it. One of the days we were there we packed a lunch and took the long drive up to the fire tower where there is the most awesome views. I don't know why we always pick the windiest days to climb up this metal tower, but it is still neat, even though I am fearing my life the whole time. Right by the tower there are tons and tons of ladybugs and the kids love it. They are just piled in every crevice of the cacti and several bushes it is amazing. Everything is so green and beautiful with tons of growth. It rained every single night and the days were cool and cloudy, but no rain so we could get out and enjoy the wilderness. Emmy (well Scott) caught a baby frog and then released it soon after. Emmy thought it was "nodding" and communicating with her since she was the one that found it. Claire was climbing on anything she could. Here she was sitting on Tate's suitcase. See her two front teeth that are just now popping through. I didn't have my camera out too much (I mean how many cabin pictures do we really need?) I was too busy relaxing and enjoying myself, make-up free and nowhere to go so I did not end up with any pics of Scott or Tate, but they had fun riding the four wheelers & building fires.

Some other things we enjoyed...tin foil dinners, homemade pizza, Andes mint brownies, puzzles, movies, Wii, solitaire (which I could never win), Hullabaloo, chatting, napping, berry picking-YUM!





4 comments:

The Williamson's said...

HELP!!! I'm bow chanellaged! I tried making some this weekend and I failed! I need your help :) Oh and where did you get those cute flowers on the hand bands you made?

n!c said...

Sounds like you had a great time. I love Tate's suitcase. Jon loves Cars too.

Kim Skinner said...

great pictures.
sorry we missed out on the fun.

Kim Watson said...

Very cute shot of you on the four-wheeler :) That's a pretty fun surprise!
Looks like you had tons of fun.