Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Catch Up

Excuse the long journal like entry,but it is catch up time.

Scott took the kids, friends and family sledding to a great sledding place several weeks ago and I did not go so I finally got the pictures from Scott's sister who was there. Here they are.






This last week had some things going on and it all started on Wednesday...



Wednesday....

  • I gave Tate his breakfast which usually consists of a bowl of cereal and I gave him a fork to eat it. I walked away and he was actually using it. I just thought it was funny!


  • Claire went to the Dr. and was given the Diflucan to get rid of her thrush!:-)
  • Nice night of Bunco-ahh it's good to have a good clean night of competition!


Thursday....

  • Kids had a 1/2 day and then we had parent teacher conferences. Both kids are doing great!
  • I got my hair done and Tate got a haircut.

Friday...

  • We attended an honor roll assembly for Macey. We are so proud of her!


  • Then we went straight to the park for Card Club. The food was yummy, the kids played and the cards were so great this month!
  • Then we ordered out for a dinner at home-pizza, wings and breadsticks from R&R.

Saturday...

  • Phillips family pictures bright and early 9am in a custom neighborhood with all of those oddly beautiful dormant pecan trees. I am so excited to see what shots the photographer got, but here are some I snapped of us at the park in the neighborhood.



  • Then we had the Dirtbag BBQ which warranted it's own post.
Sunday...the day of rest?

  • CHURCH. We are so glad to be in our new building which is so close, but Sundays can be a mad house. We are now at 3 hours and overlap with 4 wards in the building. This leaves us barely 15 minutes of time which is congested with the previous ward still clearing out just in time for our sacrament meeting to end. So, yesterday just macey, Emmy and I went to church since Claire and Tate have been sick. So first of all I leave sacrament early to set up and I realize I do not have my keys to the toys-which we all know is a must have for nursery. And then in all of the craziness my assistant came in and said " I thought you were going to be gone today". WHAT?!?!?! I never forget somewhere I am supposed to be and for both of us to forget is crazy! I realized that we had completely forgotten that we were supposed to go to Scotts brothers baby blessing in Maricopa and was mortified. At this point I am about to cry and it is definately to late to make it there. Scott will have to explain and hopefully be forgiven.
  • Then it was our usual relaxing Sunday night of TV Extreme Makeover Home Edition, Oprah's Big Give and then Here Come the Newleyweds. Must see TV!

Next comes Spring Break and nothing planned! That's what I like hopefully it will be a fun yet relaxed week! Some ideas are the Tucson Zoo, Hobby Lobby and possibly some painting. We will see!

2 comments:

Kim Watson said...

The Tucson Zoo is the BEST! It's cheap - I think it's only $2 - and it's the perfect size. The exhibits are smaller, hence more likely to see the animals, and the kids don't get tired of walking. The exhibits are all close together and by the time you're done seeing everything, the kids are ready to be done! Anyway, that's my vote:)

GoatesGirl said...

I love that idea. I need to do some "catching up" myself. Tate and the fork thing was so cute!