
Me, my sister Tara and all of the kids took a day trip down to the Tucson Zoo today. It was well worth the drive. The kids are only $2 each, the animal exhibits are close to each other so there's not too much walking and the animals are close so the kids can actually see them. The kids were able to feed the giraffes and they were the most amazed that their tongues are a purplish color. As I was standing there waiting to take Emmy's picture feeding the giraffe Macey said "which one should I feed?" and I then realized that there was a giraffes face right next to me and Macey swears it was about to eat my shirt-it startled me quite a bit! We almost lost a couple of kids in the Flamingo exhibit since the fence is not really that restricting and you can just walk right through it (no it was actually not Tate for once). Emmy's favorite animal is the Flamingo (who knew?) and Macey's is the monkeys (just like her mom!). I also proved the kids and Scott wrong that Rhinocerous only have 2 horns, not 3, ha! I feel like I live in a zoo most of the time so we had quite an enjoyable time today! Zoo...check!

4 comments:
Hey...we went to the Tucson Zoon on Saturday! It is awesome! Way better than the Phoenix Zoo and it takes about the same amount of time. I was amazed at the giraffe's tongue too!
I have NEVER been to the Tucson zoo...do you get a discount there if you have a Phoenix Zoo pass??? Do you like that zoo better or did you just want to go somewhere different?
We don't have Spring Break until next week...is yours 2 weeks or just 1?
I totally want to get my boys an Ant Farm...where did you get it?
How fun! We go to Tucson once in a while to visit extended family so next time we're there we'll be sure to visit the zoo!
When we lived in Tucson, we loved the zoo. I never thought about going there from here, but it is probably the same drive.
Post a Comment