Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Jam Packed Saturday

Ahhh we're back. Let's start with the Easter Egg Hunt on Saturday.


I have been putting together an Easter Egg Hunt every year since we lived out here in QC. It includes family and friends in the ward. I love it! Although I tend to get stressed about entertaining this event is so low stress becuase we do a potluck breakfast and I don't have to come up with entertainment or clean my house or anything. Easter came so early this year and people did not bring their eggs by until Friday so I was starting to worry we would not have a good turn out this year, but we had a great turn out! I know I have this problem where you can read my emotions on my face (I am not a good "faker") and I am not good at showing excitement or looking happy. For some reason smiling is really hard for me :-) Anyways I think that I ended up looking a little tired/stressed/unhappy on Saturday, but honestly I was just enjoying the event and was feeling very relaxed and peaceful. The weather was great when it is normally HOT by Easter. I hope that everyone enjoyed it and I hope to continue to do it every year. Also, if anyone reading this brought bacon and is missing their rubbermaid container with a red lid-I have it-come and get it. Here are some pictures...

Claire was so good all morning she just could not stay awake any longer!

Oh the wait seemed forever!

The feast!

The kids...


Shelley told us she is expecting with this cute basket! We are so excited for her!

After that I was ready for a nap, but did I get one? NO. Some of our favorite people on Scott's side of the family were in town from New Mexico. Joe, Nancy, Telia, Hailey, Shauni, and Carter. Macey and Emmy love Telia and talk about her all of the time and wish she lived closer, so when they are in town we try to get them together as much as possible. Scott's parents, grandparents and Joe's family were heading up to the cabin after the egg hunt and we let Macey and Emmy ride up with them. So, anyways, I was going to drive up Monday morning and meet up with them so I had to head straight to the tire shop to get the tires replaced. They have needed it for a while and there was a vibrating at high speeds that I was afraid would turn into a blow out every time I was driving. Then at this point I only had Claire (Scott took Tate to do some work) so I ran some errands to plan for Scott's birthday. Then straight from there it was on to a BBQ of sorts at the Burley's. We ate, chatted and the men took the kids to our house to watch I am Legend while the women played speed scrabble (one of my faves).


It was a long day that ended late with a headache, but it was a good day!

2 comments:

Kyle said...

Whew, that was jam-packed! Sounds like fun though! Cute idea to have a friend Easter Egg hunt..our ward did one though so I guess that works too :)

Karolee said...

I just learned how to play speed scrabble from Kathleen and it rocks! We need to do a girls night and play a bunch of games. (and eat lots of goodies too!)