Monday, March 17, 2008

Last Day

Today was the last day of our Spring Break and it is back to the same old tomorrow bright and early. This is probably one of the most enjoyable spring breaks I have had in years. I just really enjoy no plans and no schedules somehow it allows me to feel free and unrestricted and able to do some fun things with the kids.

Today we finally made it to the Temple Visitor Center to see the photography of Christ display. I thoroughly enjoyed it! I was a bit disappointed to hear that they are no longer showing the movie that went with it, but it is still great. The lady there said that they have had numerous requests from all over to have the display so it sounds like it may travel. While we were waiting for Scott to meet us there we wer enjoying the temple grounds. I kept feeling like I should be taking pictures with this great backdrop, but I was really just in the mood to enjoy the peace. I did snap one picture of the girls.



Then after that we went to grab a bite at one of my favorite stops on that side of town...Pete's Fish and Chips! I have to eat there any time I am in the area which is not often. The funny things is I have never ordered fish there, and I don't think that anyone in my family does either. We always get the burrito and usually in large quantities so that we can eat them for the next week. I know, weird, but I think it is one of the best unknown secrets. It is this incredibly unhealthy deep fried mystery bean mixture burrito. It has a great taste and is perfected with their special sauce. I will also argue that they have the best onion rings ever made! They have a crunchy crust and the onions are sweet (I know people always say that about onions but I have never tasted "sweet" in onions). Just remember that there are no onion rings made on Fridays, they only take cash, and they have no other sauces, but their special sauce which I love.

2 comments:

Stacy said...

I LOVE Pete's!! I've never had a burrito, just fish, but I do love the onion rings. I always buy extra sauce cause I never get enough. They also have the best diet pepsi there.

Karolee said...

Ok, I am SO hungry for onion rings now! Good thing that it's 1030 and I'm too tired to drive and find some!