I knew it would. I was sitting at the table eating dinner with my back to the kids eating at the bar. Macey says, "Kenny says that Santa is not real" and then goes on to explain the bet he put on it. Scott was to my right facing 1/2 towards the TV and 1/2 towards the kids and did not hear her, but I had a smirk of {oh no} on my face. I mean what are we supposed to do with all of the other kids as an audience? Ruin it for them? I really wanted to just bust out and say "ok he's not real and we're poor so don't be upset with what you get for Christmas". I wanted to do that so bad. Really they will not be disappointed because they are getting plenty and do not understand the value of things in dollars yet. Whew. Instead I say," Isn't that the naughty kid in your class?" (his own mom actually admits it). Then Scott catches on to what is going on and throws in,"Does everyone believe in Jesus?" OOOH he is good. Although he is lying in the same sentence. Hmmmm. So crisis averted for now, but I am sure this will be the last year they will believe. I am not actually that sad about it, you know how I am about reality and all. Keepin' it real. This may also be the first year they snoop and see their presents then confirming the identity of Santa.
Thursday, December 4, 2008
It Finally Happened
I knew it would. I was sitting at the table eating dinner with my back to the kids eating at the bar. Macey says, "Kenny says that Santa is not real" and then goes on to explain the bet he put on it. Scott was to my right facing 1/2 towards the TV and 1/2 towards the kids and did not hear her, but I had a smirk of {oh no} on my face. I mean what are we supposed to do with all of the other kids as an audience? Ruin it for them? I really wanted to just bust out and say "ok he's not real and we're poor so don't be upset with what you get for Christmas". I wanted to do that so bad. Really they will not be disappointed because they are getting plenty and do not understand the value of things in dollars yet. Whew. Instead I say," Isn't that the naughty kid in your class?" (his own mom actually admits it). Then Scott catches on to what is going on and throws in,"Does everyone believe in Jesus?" OOOH he is good. Although he is lying in the same sentence. Hmmmm. So crisis averted for now, but I am sure this will be the last year they will believe. I am not actually that sad about it, you know how I am about reality and all. Keepin' it real. This may also be the first year they snoop and see their presents then confirming the identity of Santa.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I know the feeling. We told Tyler last year. But we regret it because he is telling everyone. We keep telling him to be quiet about it but you know...Oh well.
Post a Comment