Wednesday, December 24, 2008

On the {1st} Day of Christmas

It's Christmas Eve!!! I can hardly stand it.
Our Christmas Eve tradition as long as I can remember is opening pajamas! My kids are not quite to the point where they know what is in the present, but it will always be pajamas. I also threw in some sorely needed new pillows for Macey and Emmy. Claire got some "new to her" pajamas which I should get a picture of tomorrow. I try not to make them Christmasy so that they can wear them all winter and the next hopefully!

P.S. Sadly, today a family in our neighborhood lost their home to a fire that started with their Christmas tree. It happened so fast and is devistating. They were renting and had renter's insurance, but have no family in town. A fund has been set up if you would like to donate to help them pick up the pieces. Go here to donate. I don't even know them, but it just brought me to tears to know that they were having to deal with this on Christmas Eve of all times.

Have a MeRRy CHRISTmas!!!

2 comments:

Heather Bower said...

That is so sad, I would be so sad to have that happen. That is sweet of you to set up a little donation thing.

We also do the PJ/ornimant thing and the kids were so excited to open the present. One day they'll realize it is just PJ's and not be as excited but I guess everyone loves a new pair of PJ's right. Where is your picture with you footed PJ's (He, he, he...)

JECKBECK (Erin) said...

My kids still get excited about opening PJs. They talk about it all day until the opening moment arrives. Your kids look so cute and cuddly in their new PJs.