We had soup in bread bowls for dinner, yum. We talked about Christmas memories and traditions we have which included....Lifesaver Books, the times we ruined our Christmas by looking at our presents, eating breakfast before opening presents, lining up in order of age behind the sheet, caramel and fudge, etc.

Then the kids started building their gingerbread houses except this year they were these cute foam ones which ended up being a little too difficult for the kids, but they still had fun. 


While they were doing that we had our adult gift exchange white elephant style. This is the first year we did this and it was a pretty calm exchange with very few steals. Of course I threw a bump in the road with this gift....
In case you can't tell, these are slippers made out of maxi pads. I was laughing to hard to capture my sisters reaction when she opened these, but she was starting to get mad because she thought that she got stiffed. Of course I broke out the real gift after we had some fun with it and then she was relieved, but she really did wear these around the rest of the night. She was a good sport even though she was just telling me how her work had their party and no one seemed to get the memo on the nice gift part except her. It was pretty funny.
In case you can't tell, these are slippers made out of maxi pads. I was laughing to hard to capture my sisters reaction when she opened these, but she was starting to get mad because she thought that she got stiffed. Of course I broke out the real gift after we had some fun with it and then she was relieved, but she really did wear these around the rest of the night. She was a good sport even though she was just telling me how her work had their party and no one seemed to get the memo on the nice gift part except her. It was pretty funny.We had brought gifts for the kids gift exchange, but my mom was up to something and we did not know what. The kids were getting ancy and people started suggesting we move on to the gifts for the kids, but I had to shush that up right away because I realized my dad and brother were gone and I realized what they were up to.
There was a knock at the door and my brother was totally unrecognizable at first...


It was a fun night! Thanks Grandpa & Grandma Phillips! And Santa :-)!



It was a fun night! Thanks Grandpa & Grandma Phillips! And Santa :-)!
No comments:
Post a Comment